Saturday 8 November 2008

Baby Girl sparkly card

My step-sister Kathryn had her baby girl, Darcey Kate, on Thursday morning, weighing in at a health 8lb 2oz, a little sister to Dougie who'll be four in January, so this card is for her and her family. It also qualifies for two challenges, Daring Cardmakers and Papertake, both of whose theme for this week is sparkle!


The letters were die-cut from plain white on my cuttlebug using my Sizzlits Round-a-bout alphabet set. I then passed them through my xyron sticker maker upside-down and coated the sticky surface with Pink Champagne glitter. I added two thick coats of dimensional glaze to give an epoxy effect. I then passed them back through my xyron the right way up to stick them onto the card - the xyron is great for sticking awkward shapes as it just puts a layer all over the back and it's a lot stronger than wet glue. The main card photo hasn't picked up the colours or glossy finish very well, so here's a slightly better close-up!

Thanks for looking,

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jozza said...

Great card! I love its simplicity and of course it has sparkle :o)

Toni said...

Helen you've made some lovely cards realy nice

Anonymous said...

Great idea Helen, I love my xyrons too. I have used them to glitter but haven't added the glaze, which does make them look so pretty.
Well done on a lovely card.

SueH said...

Welcome to the Daring Cardmakers Helen and thanks for taking part in your first dare with us.
A warm welcome to Darcey too!

The card you’ve made for her is wonderful and the wording is so, so sparkly. I’m sure she will treasure it when she’s old enough.

Cazz said...

fab card Helen xxx

Anonymous said...

Clever idea Helen, lovely card.

Mrs Mayne said...

A lovely sparkly card! I'm sure your step sis will love it! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x