Wednesday 10 June 2009

A card at last!!

This is the first card I've made for a couple of months now - I'm ashamed to say I've bought cards for most birthdays and other occasions so far this year :( I've just been too busy, and have got out of the habit. I've tidied up my card making area now, and now work has quietened down a bit I'm hoping to start making cards again.

This card is for one of Amelie's little friends, Jacob. He was the first born to the group of five of us who met at antenatal classes and still keep in touch. It's his party this afternoon - a hall full of toddlers sounds like the recipe for a headache, so wish me luck!

The cat die-cut is Moggi from Lili of the Valley. The paper is from a stack I've had in the drawer for ages but haven't used! I've sparkled the card up a bit with some glitter glue on the number 2 (which is cut with my Sizzlits "Round-A-Bout" alphabet set), the candles and the centres of the circles on the patterned paper.

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

6 comments:

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card helen, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
Clairex

Jill said...

aww this is so cute Helen, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Joanie said...

Lovely cute card Helen, well done!
Joanie x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

gorgeous card hun

hugs shell xx

Linda D. said...

Ooh cutie :) Nice to see you've managed to sort things out and make a card, looking forward to seeing the next one!
xxx

COCO said...

beautiful card !!!
i love stamp and colors !!
Hugs coco