Monday 8 September 2008

A couple of family birthday cards

wo family birthday cards that I've done in the last few days. September used to be a really quiet month in my family, but then everyone had children in September and I inherited a nan-in-law and suddenly it's my busiest birthday card month!!

This one is for Darren's nan. It's based on a sketch by Katharina and uses a large peel-off painted with twinkling H2Os. The patterned paper is from a DCVW floral stack and the plain card is Bazzill.

The second is for my nephew Lewis, who was six on Saturday. The decoupage sheet and matching paper are PaperNation. I took a risk that he'd like pirates - he's really into Power Rangers at the moment, but I didn't have anything suitable (unsurprisingly!!), but my brother assures me he loves pirates too, which is a relief!

Now I've just got Darren's nephew, who will be six or seven this week (need to check!!), followed by his niece and my step-niece later in the month, plus my cousin's wedding in two weeks! With teaching starting this week, I think I'm going to be busy - Christmas cards will just have to wait!

Thanks for looking,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Liz said...

That was quick Helen I checked earlier and there was nothing new on. Lovely cards by the way!

Linda said...

Lovely cards, well done