Sunday 21 September 2008

Wedding Card

This card was for my cousin Lisa's wedding yesterday and is also my entry for the Papertake Weekly Challenge following Katharina's fab sketch. I had a bit of a nightmare with this card and it just wouldn't come together until I discovered the rose-patterned white and silver vellum I've used behind the image. As a result, it got finished about 10 minutes before we got into the car to leave for the big day!! The main image is a rub-on, not something I usually use but one of the few wedding-themed images I had in my stash. I'm quite pleased with the results, and just hope the happy couple like it!


And here are the happy couple - the new Mr and Mrs Hannaby - along with a pic of my little munchkin looking very sweet in her pretty dress before it got covered in chocolate ice cream at the reception!

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

très très jolie j'adore

http://isadtleselfes.canalblog.com/

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! So elegant! Lovely pics too. Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

PeeJay said...

My, how Amelie's grown! Beautiful pictures Helen and great card.

Kathy said...

What a pretty card!! I love the contrast of your paper and the flowers on your cake!! Nice job with the sketch!! Adorable little girl too!! :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card - I also need to make a wedding card and your backing paper has just given me the inspiration I need.

Thanks

Sam
x