Monday 19 January 2009

A digital card

I've created this card using Photoshop rather than traditional paper methods as I just didn't have anything in my stash that suited and my desk is such a mess at the moment that the PC is the only usable thing!! It's for my Dad's birthday in a couple of weeks, and I'm also entering it for this week's Sketch Saturday challenge - I hope a digital card is ok for this! I'll print it out on heavyweight cardstock nearer the time and may well add a bit of embossing powder using my embossing pen to add a bit of texture. The papers and image are from Scrap Girls' freebie Refresh kit and the embellishment is from them as well. I've used various PSE tools from Scrap Girls such as drop shadows and inked edges to try and make the card look a bit less flat.

Thanks for looking,

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mariska said...

Wow, you have my deepest respect for you digital card. I wouldn't have seen it was a digital one if you hadn't mentioned it, I couldn't make a card like that to save my life :). I don't think it's any problem that you did a digital one instead of a paper one. You followed the sketch brilliantly and that's what counts. Great job!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

xxx
Mariska

Debbie said...

Oh wow waht a fabulous digi card Helen, you are so clever...I have PSP but i could never create anything as beautiful as this. Debbie x

Bev said...

Wow, this is brilliant. I too would never have known it was a digi card!

hugs Bev x

Unknown said...

Brilliant digi card Helen, to be honest I'd of never of known it was a digi card either if you hadn't said. Wish I was as clever with PSP, well done. Joanne x