Sunday 14 December 2008

New baby card

This card is for my friend Katie, who had a little girl, Isla Rose, almost two weeks ago. We met at antenatal classes, so her little boy, Jacob, is three weeks older than Amelie. The thought of having an 18 month old and a newborn to look after is more than I could cope with, but Katie's doing amazingly! I saw Isla today and she's still so tiny - she weighed 7lb 2oz when born on Monday 1st December, so is probably still smaller than Amelie was at birth, as she was 8lb 15oz!

As well as being a card for Katie, this also ticks off two challenges for the week. I love this week's sketch for Sketch Saturday and think I'll be using it a lot. The Penny Black challenge this week was a recipe - the card had to include three flowers, two papers and one ribbon, as well as a PB image. I adore this hedgehog and making the card brought back memories as I used this image for Amelie's birth announcement/thank you cards. The papers are from the Papermania "Raspberry Champagne" pack, as are the three flowers - I punched them from the pink paper I've used in the card.

Thanks for looking,

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lynda Nielsen said...

What a sweet card... You've done a beautiful job with the details and coloring! I love the image you have chosen!
hugs
Lynda =)

Carol said...

Perfect card for a baby girl, congrats to your friend and your daughter has such a pretty name :)

Hugs
carol x

Bev said...

Helen this is just adorable! Love the sweet image and the pretty papers

hugs Bev x

Beth said...

Great combo of challenges! The colours are gorgeous and this is such a cute image! Thanks for joining us this week! xx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card helen and I love the combo of papers and that cute image - perfect for a new baby - thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Pauline C said...

Aww this is really sweet - love the image and way you have punched the little flowers from the paper. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

debby4000 said...

Adorable and fabulous for a new baby card, brilliant.

LOUISE said...

Fabulous Baby card Helen, love the PB image, and the papers are fab too! Louise x