Monday 6 October 2008

A card I wish I hadn't had to make

This is the hardest card I've ever had to make, for a friend who lost her husband just over a week ago. He was 33 years old and they have two small children. My heart goes out to her - the funeral is today and I can't imagine what she's going through. I wish I could have been there, but it's up in Worcester and Darren's mum wasn't able to get the time off at short notice to look after Amelie. They're in my thoughts though.

I went through so many possibilities with this card, including decoupage sheets kindly offered by friends on the Imag-e-nation forum, but in the end decided that simplicity was best. The main image is a Penny Black sticker, mounted on silver then lilac card and the main card is chalked to match. The sentiment is a peel-off sticker - it's not really what I wanted, but it was the only thing I had that matched, as I'm currently printer-less.

Thanks for looking,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Louise Emma said...

Beautiful card for such a sad occasion. My heart goes out to your friends family Helen