Wednesday 22 October 2008

My first ATC!

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week was to create an ATC (Artist Trading Card). It's something I'd never attempted before but have fancied trying for a while, so I thought I'd give it a go for the challenge. The biggest challenge was finding a Penny Black stamp or sticker in my collection that was small enough! I ended up using this bear stamp, one I've had for ages and love but have always struggled with using on cards as it's so small. The background is a flower stamp, stamped in Versamark and chalked. The bear is coloured with watercolour pencils and the sentiment added with the fine-tip end of a brushmarker, which I've also used to ink the edges of the ATC.

I'm fairly pleased with the result, but I think I need to play around with this format more before I really get to grips with it!

Thanks for looking,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Helen on your first ATC, it's great and the teddy is real cute. xx

tracie said...

oh Helen this is adorable, I love the stamped background and this little teddie is so cute. Fab work.
Thanks for joining us this week :)X

Linda D. said...

Welcome to the world of ATC's :) Grats on making your first one - bet it won't be your last - they can get just a bit addictive!!!